I have an Amazon affiliate store (see the link to the right). It has a few books in it, but not much more. I have never received a sale through this link.
Yet my friend Jordan pointed out today that if you search on "Buy Books" the link to my store shows up as ranked number 6 in Google's list!
How is this possible? What does this really say about Google's ability to filter results? Is it simply because I'm a random Amazon store?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Subscribe Now
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(99)
-
▼
June
(12)
- Communication of Software Risks
- Developer Weasel Words
- How to be an Effective Stakeholder - Part 2
- Problem with Shoutwire Tag
- How to be an Effective "Stake Holder"
- Why Agile Software Projects are Good for Customers
- Agile Just Feels Natural
- How to Use Microsoft Project Efficiently
- Low Tech Approaches to Requirements Gathering - Pa...
- Low Tech Approaches to Requirements Gathering: Part 1
- I'm Somehow Ranked 6 for the Google Phrase "Buy Bo...
- Check out Funny or Die
-
▼
June
(12)
1 comment:
Or the search results are more 'personalized' than you think...
Post a Comment